Hello, everyone – I know that I’ve been MIA over that last few weeks. It’s been a busy time…my private practice is growing steadily, I’ve moved offices, and I’ve been working hard at marketing and promotion. A couple of updates:
1) The new office is gradually taking shape! I’ve had a hard time finding a chair for me to sit in during sessions (The Chair), but otherwise it’s looking good.
2) The Men’s Group is slowly but surely coming together! I’ve gotten several referrals and should be starting sometime within the next month. Please continue to pass the word along to anyone who may be interested!
3) I’ve expanded my practice! I’m now in the office Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursday evenings. I primarily work with adults and older teens who are struggling with relationship issues, anxiety, or depression. I also specialize in couples therapy and assessment for ADHD or other behavioral concerns.
4) I’ve attended a number of different trainings over the last few months that have been incredible. Just a couple of highlights…
- Paul Chubbuck, MS, SEP gave an excellent presentation on Somatic Experiencing at the Larimer Center for Mental Health. Paul’s work, detailed on his website, centers on the bodily experience of emotional energy and its role in psychological distress.
- Stan Tatkin, PsyD delivered a fascinating two-day workshop on his Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT). Dr. Tatkin’s approach incorporates a lot of the recent work on neurobiology & attachment in intimate relationships, and it is unlike anything I’ve seen before in couples work. I’ll likely be talking more about it in the future.
That’s all for now…stay tuned in to Talk Therapy for upcoming posts on medication vs. therapy, fast food’s impact on our daily lives, happiness, men’s experience of rocky relationships, and more!