Dr. Anne Reckling, PhD - Staff Psychologist
I am a Licensed Psychologist specializing in the assessment and treatment of children. I graduated with my Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology) from the University of Denver in 1994. I have over 26 years of clinical experience providing assessment and treatment for children and adolescents with a wide range of difficulties (Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, learning disorders, and behavioral/mood problems). I have worked in a variety of settings including a therapeutic preschool, pediatric HIV/AIDS clinic, children’s hospital, university developmental disabilities clinic, private schools, and private practice.
I truly enjoy providing comprehensive psychological assessments for children from infancy to late adolescence. I see each child as a unique constellation of strengths and areas of difficulty. My goal is to help tease out those strengths and weaknesses to develop an individualized plan. In addition, I find collaboration with other providers (therapists, teachers, physicians) as critical in understanding the whole child.
On a personal note, I am the mother of two adult sons. One of my sons is medically fragile. Raising a child is difficult. Raising a child with special needs is uniquely difficult. I think my experience as a parent of a medically fragile child (now 20!) has had a positive impact on my capacity to listen, understand, and provide help to children and parents.
Although I’ve lived in a number of different states (New Jersey, Florida, Ohio, Iowa), I’ve felt most at home in Colorado. I grew up in Kansas City and my parents brought the family to Colorado every year. My graduate school years in Denver were wonderful.
I am thrilled to be back in Colorado! I love to hike, run, backpack, rock-climb (nothing hard), as well as hang out with my husband and my elderly hound dog who has the droopiest turkey neck on the Front Range.
You can view my professional qualifications and credentials below:
- B.A. – Psychology and Biology, Coe College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Psy.D. – University of Denver
- Licensed Psychologist (1996-2008) – Florida, License No. PY5373
- Licensed Psychologist (2006-2020) – Ohio, License No. 6284
- Licensed Psychologist (2020–present) – Colorado, License No. PSY5304
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- APA-approved Pre-doctoral Internship at The Children’s Hospital – Denver, CO
- Post-doctoral Psychology Residency at The Parent-Child Center, AIDS/HIV Clinic- West Palm Beach, Florida