Child & Adolescent Therapy
Counseling for kids and teenagers
Why seek therapy for your child?
Kids and teens can feel stressed out just like grown-ups do, especially when it comes to school or family things that make them unhappy. Going to see a therapist could help them feel better and think differently, and stop problems from happening later on. There are lots of reasons why a parent might want to bring their child or teen to us for counseling, including:
- Having a hard time in school or feeling like they need to do better
- Needing help adjusting to a new school or city
- Coping with a loved one passing away
- Dealing with mental health problems
- Experiencing abuse or neglect
- Dealing with bullying or problems with friends
- Adjusting to changes in the family, like when parents get divorced
- Feeling moody a lot or having frequent changes in behavior
- Acting out or doing things that are hard to explain
- Finding it tough to make friends or get along with others.
What does it look like?
How will it help?
Our goal is to help your child:
- Improve their habits for a healthier lifestyle
- Make progress towards their goals
- Understand and express their feelings and thoughts
- Boost their academic performance
- Cope with tough emotions
- Regain lost motivation
- Work through the stress of family conflict and divorce
- Deal with issues involving friends and peers.
You don’t have to wait until your child is in trouble to get help. We understand that you want your child to do well, and we're here to support you. Get in touch now.