Gary Rempe, MA - Doctoral Intern
I am a doctoral-level psychology intern, pursuing my PhD through the University of Northern Colorado’s School Psychology program. I work with children and families from all backgrounds and enjoy bringing my diverse experiences across medical, educational, and clinical settings to my assessment and counseling cases. Throughout my graduate education, I have pursued extensive training in neuropsychological evaluation, most recently completing rotations in pediatric neuropsychology through the neurology and rehabilitation departments at Children’s Hospital Colorado. I am excited to continue applying and broadening my training in neuropsychology at CCAC this year, under the supervision of Dr. Michael Brinker. I have particular interest and experience working with the following clinical populations: traumatic brain injury/concussion, epilepsy, anoxic/hypoxic injury, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, multiple sclerosis, polymicrogyria, pre/perinatal substance exposure, and chromosomal abnormalities (e.g., 45X, 22qDS, XYY, XXX, NF1, and variants on 5p and GNB1).
My current research projects involve longitudinal outcomes in pediatric traumatic brain injury, transdiagnostic classification systems in child and adolescent mental-health, cross-cultural assessment, community-based intervention, and test validity. I have served in a number of supervised research and teaching positions to date relating broadly to pediatric assessment, applied behavior analysis, psychometrics, and intervention outcomes, and I look forward to continued involvement in these areas in the future.
I was raised in North-Western Montana and lived all across the Western U.S. before landing in Colorado to pursue my graduate education. In my spare time, I can be found kayaking and skiing in the Rocky Mountains with my partner or tuning one of my various instruments.
My professional qualifications and credentials are listed below:
- BA – Pacific Lutheran University (2013)
- MA – University of Northern Colorado (2018)
- PhD – University of Northern Colorado (in progress)
- National Association of Neuropsychology (NAN, student member)
- International Neuropsychological Society (INS, student member)
- American Psychological Association (APA, student member)
- International Test Commission (ITC, student member)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP, student member)
- Colorado Society of School Psychologists (CSSP, student member)