Licensed Professional Counselor
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor practicing in Fort Collins, Colorado. I graduated from National-Louis University, Chicago with a master’s degree and post-graduate work in Counseling Psychology in June 2005. I have over 10 years of clinical experience; much of which has been in private practice and social service settings. The focus of my work is providing therapy for individuals and couples. My specific areas of focus include relationship/communication, depression/mood & anxiety disorders, grief & loss, transitional and aging issues, and working with the LGBTQ community.
My aim is to help those clients who want to use therapy for insight, self-exploration, healing and personal growth. My theoretical approach is holistic and relational, which means - together, we can explore the ways in which your personal history and learned habits may still be influencing your emotions, coping patterns and behaviors - ultimately affecting your sense of self. Together, we’ll sort out your feelings so that you can more fluidly access your innate capacity for compassionate self-care. I encourage a mindfulness focus to engage your “in-the-moment” experience. Our therapeutic connection can serve as a rich resource to bring inner peace that can restore a sense of well-being to your life.
I grew up outside of Chicago, and recently relocated to Fort Collins. I have tremendous passion for what I do, and an even greater compassion for my clients. I believe the foundation for personal growth is compassionate listening, mutual respect and recognizing the remarkable resilience of the human spirit. It is a privilege and honor that clients trust me with their feelings. My goal is to be an ally and a support in the therapy process. Within that process is an opening to greater balance in life, to deeper self-awareness, and to a renewed sense of purpose and satisfaction.
- B.S. – Applied Behavioral Science, National Louis University, Wheaton, IL
- M.A. – Counseling Psychology, National Louis University, Lisle, IL
- Licensed Professional Counselor – CO LPC.0014530
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor – WA 60063091
- Usui Reiki Master (2019)
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2010)
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Services (2005)
- Integrative Processing Therapy (Certified Emotional Clearing Facilitator) (2003)
- Domestic Violence Training (2002)
- Hospice Direct-Service Volunteer (1990)