2022 Late Cancellation Policy Update
We have been experiencing a large number of cancellations and rescheduled appointments in recent months. Given the challenges faced by everyone during this pandemic, we have decided to make a few changes to our cancellation policy. Our hope is that these changes will be beneficial to all of you, while also helping to improve the flow of our business and scheduling processes.
The changes to our cancellation policy are as follows:
For Therapy Clients with Private Insurance or Pay ONLY
- Clients must cancel or reschedule an appointment on or before 8:00am on the day of the appointment in order to avoid a charge of $100.00
- We will also allow one late cancellation or no-show per calendar year as a "whoops" - because we all make mistakes
- Unless other late cancellations are due to inclement weather, cancellations occurring after 8am the day of your appointment will incur the $100 fee
- This fee will automatically be charged to the card we have on file
- No shows, or missed appointments with no notice at all, will also be charged the same $100.00 fee.
For Therapy Clients with Medicaid as their primary insurance:
- Clients must cancel or reschedule an appointment on or before 8:00am on the day of the appointment in order for it to not be considered a “late cancellation.”
- Unless other late cancellations are due to inclement weather, cancellations occurring after 8am the day of your appointment will be noted as a late cancellation.
- If you accrue more than two late cancellations in a calendar year, your clinician may discuss a treatment plan/schedule change with you to avoid such situations in the future.
- If late cancellations continue to occur despite mitigation efforts, a referral to another agency may be considered at that time.
Please keep in mind that while we want to be as kind and understanding as possible to all of our clients, we are a fee-for-services business. This means that we can only bill your insurance/charge for appointments that are filled. Open appointment slots generate no payment and thus impact your therapist’s paycheck and our business stability. Additionally, this takes away appointment slots that would otherwise be available for clients who are waiting for services (and there are many). Therefore, we ask you to consider your schedule in advance, and to please cancel and reschedule appointments infrequently and with 48-72 hours notice whenever possible.
If you'd like to read our full cancellation policy document, email email@example.com.