Michael Brinker, PsyDPediatric Neuropsychologist
I am a licensed psychologist, with a specialty focus in pediatric neuropsychology, practicing in Fort Collins, Colorado. I graduated with my PsyD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Denver in 2012. Following my graduate studies, I completed my APA/CPA accredited internship in neuropsychology at Hamilton Health Sciences/McMaster University, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Following my internship, I completed a two-year post-doctoral residency in pediatric neuropsychology, as well as three additional clinical years at Northwest Neurobehavioral Health, in Boise, Idaho. During my time in Boise I was also an adjunct professor in the psychology department at Boise State University.
Throughout my career I have focused on providing neuropsychological assessment services to children, adolescents, and teenagers with a variety of presenting concerns, including ADHD, Autism, learning disabilities, and emotional challenges. Also, I have spent a majority of my clinical time developed a specialty for working with medically complex cases, including mild to moderate traumatic brain injury, chromosomal abnormalities, seizure disorder, oncology treatment, prenatal exposure, and genetic differences. Helping families to better understand these medically complex conditions, and their potential neurodevelopmental impact has become my primary career focus. In addition, during my time in Boise I have conducted research studies assessing the neurodevelopmental impact of prenatal methamphetamine exposure, and continue to look for opportunities to teach, and work with graduate students in psychology.
Personally, I grew up in Minnesota, and in my spare time I enjoy spending time with my wife and our two dogs, and training for triathlons. Often you’ll find me running around town with our two golden retrievers trailing along beside me. Ever since leaving for internship, my wife and I have been looking for an opportunity to make it back to Colorado, and we’re excited to be in Fort Collins and call this town our new home.
My professional qualifications and credentials are listed below:
- B.A. – Psychology and Criminal Justice, Grand View University
- M.A. – Counseling Psychology, Saint Thomas University
- PsyD – Clinical psychology, pediatric neuropsychology focus, University of Denver
- Licensed Psychologist – Colorado PSY-4656
- Colorado Neuropsychological Society (CNS)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN)
- CPA/APA-approved Pre-doctoral Internship: Hamilton Health Sciences/McMaster University, neuropsychology rotation, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Post-doctoral Residency: Northwest Neurobehavioral Health, pediatric neuropsychology rotation, Boise, Idaho