Director & Licensed Psychologist
I am a licensed psychologist practicing in Fort Collins, Colorado. I graduated with a PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University in August 2008. Most of my clinical time prior to starting my practice occurred in university counseling centers, but I also spent a couple of years working with older adults in extended care facilities and in elementary school classrooms for children with Autism and emotional disturbances. I also spent two years as a psychometrician under a Clinical Neuropsychologist.
I love assessment and evaluation! These days, I focus entirely on providing comprehensive psychological evaluations for a variety of concerns (e.g., ADHD, learning disorders, behavioral and mood problems, and Autism Spectrum Disorders). I like to think that I bring a compassionate yet direct style to our work together. As a psychologist, you can trust that I will be a real person in the room – no “blank slate” or distant doctor here. I will offer genuineness, expertise, and humor in our work that others have found comforting and helpful.
More personally, I grew up in South Carolina before finding my home in Fort Collins over fifteen years ago. You may find me running or biking around town in the warmer months or spending time in the mountains when it’s colder. I enjoy cooking with my wife, laughing (and crying) with our two young children, and taking our dog on hikes through the foothills. I also host The Testing Psychologist, a consulting service and podcast aimed at helping psychologists and other mental health professionals add or grow psychological assessment services in their practices.
You can view my professional qualifications and credentials below:
- B.A. – Experimental Psychology, University of South Carolina
- M.S. – Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- PhD – Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- Licensed Psychologist – Colorado PSY-3349
- American Psychological Association (APA) – Division 40 (Clinical Neuropsychology)
- Colorado Psychological Association
- APA-approved Pre-doctoral Internship at the University of Texas at Austin’s Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Post-doctoral Psychology Residency at the University of Colorado at Boulder’s Counseling and Psychological Services
- Core Concepts of Integrative Psychotherapy (80 hours)
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: 4-Day Externship (30 hours) & Core Skills (48 hours)
- Extensive post-doctoral supervision & training in Neuropsychological Evaluation